MySwar.com opens up to public. We started the new year with a bang by opening up the MySwar beta for public on Jan 10. Thanks to all those who have used the website! Many of you have given us valuable feedback and we will be addressing them in future releases. Meanwhile, if you like what we have built please tell your friends about us by liking our Facebook page.
60s music coming up soon. Many of our users have asked us when the music from 60s would be listed on our website. The answer– Early next week! We spent most of January reviewing and cleaning up the 60s data. Sidenote: Here’s one of my favorite trivia from the music of the 60s:
Koi Humdun Na Raha is a direct lift, both musically and lyrically, of a song composed by Saraswati Devi, written by Jamuna Swarup Kashyap and sung by Kishore Kumar’s elder brother Ashok Kumar for the 1936 movie, Jeevan Naiya. None of the original artists were credited for the Jhumroo version of the songs.
Check out the original song here:
What next? Here is a partial list of things we’re working on now:
- Analysis of the 50s music
- Data cleanup – We know there are missing songs, albums, typos, etc. Some of you have helped us find these out and we’re chipping away at fixing these data issues. Please keep sending your inputs our way.
- Categorized search suggestions – We suggest albums, songs and artists as you type in the Search box. We’re working at categorizing these suggestions as Albums, Songs and Artists to make it easier for you to find the item you are looking for.
- Advanced search option – Our current search is rather basic. With the advanced search option you’ll be able to specify more search criteria and therefore the exact set of songs you were looking for.
- Browse awards – An easy way to look at all award-winning albums and songs.
- Many more…. Stay tuned…